The Library of Congress > LCCN Permalink

View this record in:  MARCXML | LC Authorities & Vocabularies | VIAF (Virtual International Authority File)External Link

Podgorica (Montenegro)

LC control no.no 93014419
Descriptive conventionsrda
Geographic headingPodgorica (Montenegro)
    Browse this term in  LC Authorities  or the  LC Catalog
Geographic subdivision usageMontenegro--Podgorica
Variant(s)Подгорица (Montenegro)
See alsoTitograd (Montenegro)
    Browse this term in  LC Authorities
Beginning date1326
19920402
Ending date1945
Associated countryMontenegro
Special noteNon-Latin script reference not evaluated.
Found inMonitor (Podgorica, Montenegro). Monitor, 5. mart 1993: colophon (Podgorica ... Crne Gore)
The Columbia encycl., via WWW, Feb. 18, 2003 (Podgorica, city, capital of Montenegro, S Yugoslavia, at the confluence of the Ribnica and Morača rivers. An ancient town, it was the capital of Serbia in the 11th cent. and was known as Ribnica until the 13th cent. It was ruled by the Turks from the mid-15th cent. until 1878, when it was transferred to Montenegro. From 1946 to 1992 the city was called Titograd.)
Columbia Lippincott gazetteer of the world, 1970: p. 1919 (Titograd, until 1945 called Podgorica, town (pop. 12,206), Montenegro, Yugoslavia, 185 mi SSW of Belgrade)
GeoNames, algorithmically matched, 2009 (ppl; 42°26ʹ28ʺN 019°15ʹ49ʺE)
Wikipedia, August 15, 2015 (Podgorica (Montenegrin: Podgorica (Cyrillic: Подгорица = Podgorica); capital and largest city of Montenegro; known as Titograd from 1946 to 1992 during the existence of SFR Yugoslavia; before that, the city was also called Duklja (Cyrillic: Дукља = Duklja), also Doclea or Diocleia (Greek: Διοκλεία = Diokleia) and Zeta (Cyrillic: Зета = Zeta); when founded (before the 11th century), the town was called Birziminium. In the Middle Ages, it was known as Ribnica. The name Podgorica was used from 1326; The name of Podgorica was reinstated on 2 April 1992; 42°26ʹ28.63ʺN 19°15ʹ46.41ʺE)
Geographic area codee-mo---